Kijiji is a leading online marketplace that offers various products and services, from cars and clothing to jobs, housing, gigs, and more. Users can browse through thousands of classified ads from sellers when they want to make purchases or sell unwanted items.
You may occasionally experience problems connecting to Kijiji, as with any other website or app. This article will be able to help you troubleshoot common Kijiji connection issues so that you can get back to browsing within minutes.
Kijiji Connection Issues
Let take a closer look at the issue that prevent you from logging in Kijiji or posting your ads. We will review each issue in more detail below.
Kijiji Is Not Responding
If you can’t access Kijiji, you should first check the server status page to see if there’s an outage. If there is, you can expect the problem to be fixed shortly.
If the site is up, you should check that your Internet connection is working correctly and your computer isn’t infected with malware.
Malware can damage your browser or prevent you from accessing certain websites. Clear your browser cookies. If you can connect to the Internet and your computer seems to be working correctly, you may have mistyped the URL, or your firewall may be blocking access to Kijiji. You can try to resolve this by whitelisting Kijiji in your firewall.
Kijiji Keeps Crashing
A website that keeps crashing is one of the most frustrating online experiences. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most common issues.
Crashes can be caused by many factors, such as a sudden increase in traffic, a hardware failure, etc. If you experience frequent crashes while browsing Kijiji, you may want to consider using a different browser.
Browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox release updates regularly, fixing bugs, cleaning browser cache, using the most recent version of the browser, add new features, and improve the overall performance. Kijiji could also be under a denial-of-service attack.
A denial-of-service (DoS) attack is an attempt to disrupt or temporarily shut down a network or website by flooding it with an abnormally large number of requests. If a DoS attack is preventing you from connecting to Kijiji, you can try to visit the site again in a few hours, when the attack might have ceased.
Network Error When Trying To Access Kijiji
You may receive a network error when trying to access Kijiji if your computer’s network settings are misconfigured. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, you may need to log in to your router’s admin panel and change the network’s settings.
If you are connected to a wired Internet connection, you may need to reset your modem. If the above steps don’t work, your Internet service provider may be experiencing issues. You can contact your ISP to report the problem.
Incorrect Username Or Password When Trying To Login To Your Kijiji Account
If you receive an incorrect username or password error message when trying to log in to your Kijiji account, there are a few things you can do. First, check to see if your account has been compromised. Try to change your password using Kijiji’s website.
If you cannot log in, you can try resetting your password. You can do this by clicking on the Forgot your password? link when you log in to your account. If you reset your password and the issue persists, you can contact Kijiji’s customer support team to resolve the issue.
Unable To Process Payment With A Credit Card On Kijiji Site
If you receive an error message when trying to use your credit card on Kijiji, the seller may be using a payment method that you can’t accept. You can try to contact the seller and ask them to use a different payment method.
If the seller isn’t willing to change the payment method, you can try to use another credit card. If you don’t have another card, you can dispute the charges with the card issuer.
The following troubleshooting methods will help you fix Kijiji connection issues. However, if you’re still having trouble connecting to Kijiji, consult a network engineer to see if they can help you trace the problem to its source.
Browser Cache Issue
The first thing to do if you have a problem connecting to Kijiji is to clear your browser’s cache. A cache stores the pages that you or other site visitors have recently viewed, and it sometimes causes issues when you are trying to load certain parts of the Kijiji website.
To clear your browser’s cache, follow these steps:
- Open your browser’s homepage and then open the main site that you want to clear the cache from.
- Make sure that you are on the same page and then close the browser.
- Then, open the browser again.
- You can also try clearing your browser’s cache from your device’s settings.
Try Alternate URLs
Another thing that you can try after clearing your browser’s cache is to try accessing the Kijiji page using a different URL so that you are not using the same one as the last time you were trying to access the page. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and go to the Kijiji page.
- Scroll down and you will see a row of three dots. Click the arrow and then select “View Page Source”.
- This will open the page’s source code, which is readable by developers. You can change the URL to any URL you like and then refresh the page to see if that helps.
- If you are still having issues, try changing the URL to one that isn’t as popular or that you know less likely to be blocked.
Access Homepage and Navigate
Another thing that you can try is to access the homepage and/or navigate through the menu to see if that helps. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Kijiji homepage.
- You will see that the homepage is usually blocked and/or not accessible.
- You can try navigating through the different tabs to see if that helps.
- If you still can’t access the homepage, try accessing the Kijiji app from the app store or Google Play to see if that helps.
- If you are on a mobile device, Kijiji is not accessible through the app. You can try accessing Kijiji through a different browser or by navigating directly to the domain: www.kijiji.com.
Another thing that you can try is changing your DNS settings to see if that helps. To change your DNS settings, follow these steps:
- Open your internet browser and navigate to a website that offers DNS settings, such as WhatIsMyIP.
- Once there, find the “configuration” tab and make sure that the “server” is set to “manual” and not “automatically”.
- Save your changes and close the browser.
- You may need to do this every time you restart your device.
- You may also want to try changing your DNS settings on your modem/router.
- You may also want to try changing them on your phone or tablet as well to see if that helps.
If I can’t connect to Kijiji, what should I do?
If you’re still able to connect to other sites, try restarting your computer or modem, restarting your router, and/or unplugging your modem and router for 30 seconds and then plugging them back in. If the problem persists, contact Kijiji about your connection problems.
What is the best way to troubleshoot a weak Internet connection?
The easiest way to improve your Internet speed is to install an internet speed test on your computer or phone to help you determine what your current connection speed is.
What is Kijiji’s refund policy?
If you’re having trouble connecting to Kijiji, please contact Kijiji support and explain the problem. They’ll walk you through a manual refund process.
How to Get Help from Kijiji
If you have tried everything and you still have issues with connecting to Kijiji. We strongly recommend to contact Help Desk to find out if Kijiji is experiencing technical issues on their side.
You can find step-by-step guide on how to contact Kijiji in our article: “How to Contact Kijiji Help Desk”.
Kijiji, Canada is a great place for buying, posting, and selling products and services for your business, but it won’t work if you can’t access it. To troubleshoot your connection problems, start with the usual solutions like restarting your computer, modem, and router.
If these don’t work or you still encounter the same issue, try changing your modem or router’s settings to improve your connection.